19.03.2024, 08:40 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
coyotl
Titel: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.08.2011, 20:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Apr 2011
Although I have Skype running I cannot access it after closing the window, it does not show on taskbar.
Can it be made to do that?
It does run, shows in process manager..

Zuletzt bearbeitet von coyotl am 01.09.2011, 19:51 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
coyotl
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.08.2011, 22:54 Uhr

Got it, renaming ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
fixed it. A bug..
Renaming/deleting this file resets plasma config..

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
coyotl
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.09.2011, 19:55 Uhr

hmm, problem came back on my other desktop.
--and removing/renaming plasma config files did not help this time.

If you click close in skype the program disappears though still running. It must be meant to show in
task bar but does not. Quite annoying. anyone seen this and fixed it?

Kano
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.09.2011, 23:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

In case of Skype problems when it does not start:

rm -vf ~/.Skype/shared.xml

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
coyotl
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.09.2011, 19:14 Uhr

It does start and it runs, but if you click close it's supposed to minimize to system tray.
Instead of doing so it becomes inaccessible tho still running, have to use top or some such to kill it

deleted .skype to reset, same

TheOne
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.09.2011, 23:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Mar 2008

Is it reproduce-able on a fresh Kanotix installation (without any Desktop customizations)? I know such problems only from users that customize their desktop look&feel. Do you have a special theme active or something like that? Is it only Skype or affects that other programs too?

coyotl
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.09.2011, 00:12 Uhr

Guilty.
Will look at the theme etc.

thanks

coyotl
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.09.2011, 09:32 Uhr

I noticed the skype icon was still there but under other transparent stuff and inaccessible.
So I started deleting items from the system tray to get to it.
ended up with some inactive icons, volume, notifications, clock, keyboard, skype etc.
changed some panel setting about overlapping I think and they became active.

kde4 is a little weird sometimes but all in all a good work environment.

Sticking to default look and feel is not an option, I love the retro Kanotix icons/art
and keep all i can but hate the kickoff menu, change all menus to classic
+ folder view on desktop ..

TheOne
Titel: RE: Skype does not show in KDE4 taskbar -solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.09.2011, 19:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Mar 2008

That are exactly such problems I had in mind. Of course nobody forces you to stay with the default look & feel, feel free to customize your desktop as you like. If you share it, some other people could like it as well. Winken

But the point is, that you should be aware that customizations can be the source of such graphical problems. So having the default theme still installed even if you do not use it, is always good for testing purpose.

Cheers TheOne

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.