28.03.2024, 09:38 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
saddlejib
Titel: I hava a Zalman-ve200  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.07.2012, 20:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jul 2012

Aber erste: Hallo meine Deutschen freunds.
I have a Zalman-ve200 which can be seen by my BIOS as an optical drive and a hard drive and by Kanotix OS the same.. I would like to modify the Kanotix iso which I boot from on the Zalman and the hard drive on the Zalman to make my system persistent is this possible.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: I hava a Zalman-ve200  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.07.2012, 21:33 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Just create a 20 gb ext4 partition on the drive, use normal acritoxinstaller to install from it and be sure you point to that drive as mbr target.

saddlejib
Titel: I hava a Zalman-ve200  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.07.2012, 13:45 Uhr

The zalman works in 'dual-mode' as both optical and hard drive combined and boots user selectable iso files one of which is
KANOTIX-LinuxTag2012-Hellfire-2in1.iso
So i am working with Kanotix live from the iso on the zalman and can also see the zalman as an optical and a hard drive in Kanotix live.
The filesystem currently on the drive is ntfs
the question is can I create a unionfs directory on the zalman drive with that filsystem.

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/ve200 this explains the zalman enclosure

Kano
Titel: I hava a Zalman-ve200  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.07.2012, 19:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Thats not needed .You can even install grub(2) onto ntfs. Basically i would just partition the drive (and disable that emulated iso crap) and do a normal hd install.

saddlejib
Titel: RE: I hava a Zalman-ve200  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.07.2012, 00:08 Uhr

This is true, the drive is partitioned both paritions now ntfs although one was fat32 and one ntfs but now both ntfs, The reason was, if some computers bios's couldnt see the optical drive they could at least see the hard drive. I use Grub for Dos on the first or second partition.
My objective is to boot using the iso which currently works then make my changes persistent on the same hard drive which contains the iso's i would also like to modify the iso so the boot option would be boot now with unionfs.
So it would be plug and go as you last left it.
I appreciate your help.
Many Thanks.
aufrichtig

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.