28.03.2024, 20:24 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
rinring
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2012, 19:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 31. Jul 2012

Hallo,

Tut mir leid für mein slecht Deutsch.
Ich möchte gern Kanotix versuchen.
Welche versionen können Sie mich empfehlen?
Dragonfire oder Hellfire?

Danke schön.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2012, 19:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

After first d-u you will see errors with Dragonfire, so be sure you are in the IRC to apply directly:

!hotfix
(twice)

!dragonfire
!downgrade

after first dist-upgrade. Do not use any nvidia/fglrx scripts, best delete em

rm -f /usr/local/bin/*

If you follow these instructions Dragonfire will be ok. Hellfire is still there but since mid of july it is possible to install fglrx again for amd hd 2000-4000 (via !amddeb). This was the main reason to use Hellfire up to that day. Now you only need Hellfire when you want to use binary nvidia drivers and your gfx card is before Nvidia FX 5 series. (Nvidia FX 5: !nvldeb - everything newer !nvdeb). It might be possible that Dragonfire breaks during a dist-upgrade after the hotfixes - please do not add custom packages before d-u!. But not very likely. For Hellfire you will only get Debian Security updates.

rinring
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2012, 07:06 Uhr

Dank für deinen Antwort.
Excuse my ignorance.
How do I apply this commands: !hotfix, .....
in the command line?

David

Kano
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2012, 11:22 Uhr

No, you find the real commands in the irc channel. Most easy when you use the IRC link on the desktop or in the internet menu.

rinring
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.08.2012, 07:32 Uhr

I have issued the following commands from a terminal windows:

dpkg --purge --force-all kde-runtime libnepomukdatamanagement4 libnepomuksync4 kde-window-manager-common libkwinnvidiahack4 kde-workspace-data;apt-get install --yes -f;dpkg --configure -a;apt-get dist-upgrade

dpkg --purge --force-all kde-runtime libnepomukdatamanagement4 libnepomuksync4 kde-window-manager-common libkwinnvidiahack4 kde-workspace-data;apt-get install --yes -f;dpkg --configure -a;apt-get dist-upgrade

wget -NP /etc/apt http://kanotix.com/files/dragonfire/sources.list;rm -vf /etc/apt/preferences;apt-get update

apt-get --yes install apt-show-versions;apt-show-versions -i;apt-get install $(for x in $(apt-show-versions |grep -v uptodate|grep new|awk '{print $1}');do y=$(echo $(apt-cache policy $x|grep 500 -a1|head -1)|cut -f1 -d' '); echo $x=$y; done)

The result:
After the next reboot, I have a LInux in text mode, only a terminal, and no graphic environment.

I have tried also to apply !hotfix just once.

Without issuing that commands, the system looks like quite stable.
Has this behaviour been observed by someone else?
Thanks in advance for any tip.

David

David

rinring
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.08.2012, 07:35 Uhr

I've seen that I forgot this step:
rm -f /usr/local/bin/*

I don't have any NVidia or AMD card, but an Intel one.
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 965

Kano
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.08.2012, 10:08 Uhr

Usually you do the hotfix AFTER the first dist-upgrade when it gets stuck. But you can boot live and look if i am around, usually i could fix it too.

rinring
Titel: Which version do you recommend to start with?  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.08.2012, 13:14 Uhr

Danke Kano noch ein mal.
For avoid bothering you, I'm going to reinstall again.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.