19.03.2024, 10:31 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
gap
Titel: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2012, 13:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mai 2011
I can't create a guest user profile. I created a user "guest" with no password somewhere but it's impossible to login, always this message: login failed.
I need to create a user "guest" limited essentially to use an Internet browser and Skype, not allowed to print, to burn CD etc. How could I do this?

Maybe the solution is already present in forum, but I could not find it, sorry, and have to ask for a help. Also for some more issues like wlan connection, change language at startup,(login), Flash plug-in in Konqueror, activate numbers keys at startup...

Thanks

Ethernet card, internet by Fiber

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
DerangedGonzo
Titel: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2012, 18:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Jul 2007

To enable login without password:
Code:
sudo passwd -d guest

It disables the password for user "guest", allowing you to log into guest without a password.

I think you can set permissions with groups etc (for example do not add him to vboxusers if he should not be allowed to use virtualbox, or do not give permission to use sudo). I do not really know which group does what, but i think google will ^^. Or propably kano can tell you how to set the groups up (you can use the irc to ask directly).

For this to work the file and folder permission have to be set corectly. IF you ever did a chmod a+rwx /* groups will not have much effect Winken

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
gap
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2012, 11:47 Uhr

Thanks for your message, D.Gonzo.
I deleted the first guest user and greated a new one without password. It works. I will try to manage permissions now through groups.

And what about other problems?
I need to change language at startup (login) to french.
I want to connect to a hidden wlan network (name hidden , no password), but I cannot to...
Should I start a new topic for each?
Thanks.

gap
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2012, 12:53 Uhr

In fact, I just need to add a french keyboard option along with german and english already present at login. Because my keyboard is french. Any help?

Kano
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2012, 17:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

gap
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.08.2012, 15:25 Uhr

Thanks, Kano.
After this command I entered french keyboard settings, and it seems to have worked, now I can tape my password more comfortably. But Login Manager still proposes a choice from only 2 languages (german and US english) in General tab... ???

The password has also some digits, so I'd like to activate numbers' keyboard at startup (login); can you tell me how, please?

Kano
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.08.2012, 15:47 Uhr

You can disable kde keyboard layout switching. After you disabled it and rebooted all should use system defaults.

gap
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.08.2012, 10:43 Uhr

I just need numbers activated at startup (login)...

Kano
Titel: RE: How to create a limited guest user  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.08.2012, 20:05 Uhr

Maybe it looks at the bios setting or try numlockx.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.