19.03.2024, 06:20 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Tejas
Titel: Dragonfire Disk Trashing  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2012, 09:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Mai 2011

Hi

I've lately been trying out Dragonfire (as is Kanotix Dragonfire 2012-05 KANOTIX-LinuxTag2012-Dragonfire32.iso) out of the box, and repeatedly found my disk being trashed. Tried pressing Esc in case it was a script, REISUB seemed to work a couple of times, but yesterday it had to be the Reset button. Anyone know what to avoid (or which application)? I've a suspicion it could be the system web browser that's playing up. I had been exploring Skype and was trying to get some more Skype info at the time.

Thanx

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Anguis_fragilis
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.12.2012, 23:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Okt 2008
Hi Tejas,
a bit late but anyhow....
you may want to try out Dragonfire Acritox Trialshot of 15 - Oct - 2012

http://kanotix.acritox.com/files/trialshots/?C=M;O=D

I installed it about a fortnight ago and I have had no hassles with it so far...
it just runs smoothly on my machine...

Anguis_fragilis

Tejas
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.01.2013, 13:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Mai 2011

Thank Angus, but I'm using the Live System: Kanotix Dragonfire 2012-05 KANOTIX-LinuxTag2012-Dragonfire32.iso.

Anmother instance of disk trashing has now come to light. Upon loading the system the very first thing I did (after 'apt-get install' failed to find the package I was looking for) was to try Synaptic invoking Reload before attempting to look for said package.

This never finished due to disk being trashed.

Kano
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.01.2013, 13:08 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Use newer test images you find there:

http://kanotix.acritox.com/

I am working on better kernel 3.8 support for 3d drivers right now. retabel tries to fix the persistence bug, so maybe you will find new images with current kernel sooner or later Winken

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.