19.03.2024, 03:52 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
flips
Titel: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2014, 09:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Mar 2014

Hi!
I have a Thinkpad Tablet 2 (32 bit Atom/Bay Trail tablet PC), was hoping to install Linux on it. I tried some other distros and failed. Googling seemed to reveal that this UEFI 32-bit is the problem. And according to Lenovo it's a lost case:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-s ... a-p/994207

But some debate on Ubuntu forums and other forums led me to believe it should be possible still. And I stumbled upon a comment thread on Phoronix http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthre ... untu-Linux also saying it should work in Kanotix.
So I decided to try Kanotix for the first time, visited the IRC channel, downloaded the latest nightly: kanotix32-acritox-nightly-140304a-LXDE.iso

Made USB stick as described here:
http://kanotix.acritox.com/content/live-usb-stick

I have disabled UEFI secure boot and I select restart while holding Shift, then select to boot from USB. ... And the USB drive _is_ accessed, but it still just boots into Windows.
And since I haven't found a way to disable the Lenovo logo/get a verbose BIOS screen, I have no idea what's going on ...

Any hints? Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2014, 09:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Well that seems to be tricky. We could try to Start a 32 bit gummiboot loader as first step. Or can you select EFI shell in your firmware?

flips
Titel: RE: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2014, 10:23 Uhr

Haven't found any EFI shell anywhere. Working on trying to get Gummiboot to work. Figured I should get a working USB keyboard, just ordered one. Will be testing more then. Smilie

Kano
Titel: RE: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.03.2014, 22:23 Uhr

Btw, the ISO images since 6th march should use the correct 32 bit uefi executeable name.

flips
Titel: RE: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.03.2014, 12:25 Uhr

Yep, they now boot into GRUB, and having a working keyboard now, I can select entries as well.
So far I've tried the regular EN entry, the gfxdetect entry and the failsafe entry, and they all just stop after:
Loading Linux ...
Loading initial ramdisk ...

Then it seems to hang, Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't respond either ... I should probably try to get some more verbosity ... I tried editing the entry, removing quiet and changing splash to nosplash, but it made no difference.
Not sure what to try next ...

Kano
Titel: RE: Installing onto UEFI 32 bit ThinkPad Tablet 2  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.03.2014, 20:13 Uhr

You can remove the splash and quiet entry and add maybe

noefi

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.