29.03.2024, 01:38 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: linux-custom-patches-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.10.2006, 04:35 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
op4latino hat folgendes geschrieben::
hi, after using another modified version of slh-source.sh a linux-custom-patches-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb appeared. I dug in it and I saw it's the same content that the patches/ folder. I think I can ignore it and just install hearders and image, right?

Code:
ls *deb
linux-custom-patches-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb
linux-doc-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_all.deb
linux-headers-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb
linux-image-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb
linux-manual-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_all.deb
linux-source-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_all.deb

Sure.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
michaa
Titel: Re: linux-custom-patches-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.11.2006, 22:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Jun 2004

@ mzilikazi

1st. Thanks for this description and for keeping it up to date. It's now easy to built a kernel and I am doing it know the third time.
My question does not concern the rt-kernel itself but problems with more than one kernel installed: Did you ever expirience the problem that you could use X only with the last kernel you reinstalled the nvidia/ati driver for? i. e. you have two kernels installed, K1 and K2. After you install the nvidia driver with K2 you don't have X when booting K1 and vice versa.
Although there is a solution ( you have to built the nvidia modul in a certain manner ) I would like to now whether or not this problem is common, and if so, whether you know a solution to avoid this.

michaa

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: linux-custom-patches-2.6.18.1-slhup2-lat_2_i386.deb  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.12.2006, 23:54 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
michaa hat folgendes geschrieben::
@ mzilikazi

1st. Thanks for this description and for keeping it up to date. It's now easy to built a kernel and I am doing it know the third time.
My question does not concern the rt-kernel itself but problems with more than one kernel installed: Did you ever expirience the problem that you could use X only with the last kernel you reinstalled the nvidia/ati driver for? i. e. you have two kernels installed, K1 and K2. After you install the nvidia driver with K2 you don't have X when booting K1 and vice versa.
Although there is a solution ( you have to built the nvidia modul in a certain manner ) I would like to now whether or not this problem is common, and if so, whether you know a solution to avoid this.

This is simple. Install the nvidia driver the Debian way. Don't use Kano's nvidia script.

Try this.
Of course you should always read any script before just executing it.

The basics are this:
Code:
update-pciids ; apt-get install module-assistant && m-a prepare && m-a a-i nvidia
apt-get install nvidia-settings && modprobe nvidia && echo nvidia >> /etc/modules && apt-get install nvidia-glx

Now you have installed the nvida driver the Debian way. This allows you to boot multiple kernels AND have nvidia drivers for each one.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
op4latino
Titel: Re: Building a realtime Linux kernel the Debian way.  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.12.2006, 19:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2005
mzilikazi hat folgendes geschrieben::
Here
is a rather generic .config file for you to download if you like. Sorry - not confirmed that it works for latest 2.6.19 series.

Yeah, 2.6.19 has a lot of changes (I was told), I couldn't create my kernel with bootsplash. It still works for 2.6.18.5, tho.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.