19.03.2024, 08:47 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
jpisini
Titel: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2010, 13:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jun 2010

I have seen this on two installs one on a laptop with an ATI card the other in a VMware install on my work PC. After install the fonts in some applications, menus start to get larger and each time you open a new menu or app they get bigger. The fix is easy log out hit control alt backspace to restart the xserver and everything seems OK after that. I have as of right now only seen it once on each install although I have not been running Kanotix for more than a couple of days at this point and only part time right now. I have not seen this issue on any other ditros including Lenny which Kanotix is based so it seems to be Kanotix specific I also have no idea how to replicate it or if it will come back. I am posting here to see if anyone else has seen this as well. I wish I tought to get screenshots if it happens again I will grab them then.
I really like the new Kanotix KDE 3.5 version thanks to everyone that worked on it.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2010, 14:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Maybe you used iceweasel and hold the ctrl key + mouse wheel?

jpisini
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.06.2010, 15:43 Uhr

This was in the menus in different apps like kword as well as the kmenu. Like I said I wish I had thought to take a picture of it. If it happens again I will get a screenshot.

jpisini
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2010, 03:04 Uhr

Here I finally got some pictures it happened again on another box and again a restart fixed it. You will see some fonts are big and some are regular. This has only ever happened under Kanotix not sure what the difference is.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/t ... pshot3.png

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/t ... pshot2.png

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/t ... hot1-5.png

TheOne
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.06.2010, 02:33 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Mar 2008

Hi jpisini,

thanks for your feedback and your screenshots. I can remember a similar problem with big fonts on my test-laptop. I could easy fix that with one of Kanos nice scripts. Maybe you try as root
Code:
fix-dpi-kdm 75
(of course you can use other dpi values)

Regards TheOne

jpisini
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2010, 02:21 Uhr

If I see it again i will definitely try that out thanks. A reboot always fixes it and it hasn't reoccurred on any of those machines again.

jpisini
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.09.2010, 15:52 Uhr

Saw this again and fix-dpi-kdm 75 fixed it thank you.

kormoran99
Titel: RE: Fonts growing strange issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.12.2010, 10:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Dez 2010

thanx for this tip. Was very usefull for me

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.