19.03.2024, 04:32 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
xMris
32 Titel: kanotix on chromebook...  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.02.2015, 14:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Feb 2015

Hi,

First off all, guys, you really need to let know distrowatch to update your page there, adding some additional info that eg. there is a 2014 version.

Since two years ago I got a chromebook (acer c710) and the 1st thing I did was to kill the chromeOS and install linux, since then I tried a lot of distros there, to say the truth some of them were a bit slow on that machine.

The last distro I tried was solydk (as I am KDE fan), but the problem with them is that some packages (like libreoffice and wine) are a bit outdated versions.

I have to say that I noticed the Kanotix, but I thought that the project was dead, or semi-abandoned as the distrowatch has outdated info about you, even on your start page the news corner, mentions the 2013 version of the distro...

Well, I am glad that I found by chance acritox's page of the nightly builds.

Now I am running the latest 2015 nighlty build (spitfire) on my c710 and I am very impressed, as the system boots very quick to the desktop in comparisson to the older distros I tried.

keep up the good work!

chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.